Tarrant Market Trends | Market Analysis | Fort Worth/Keller TX 76244 | Heritage Area | October 2011
Continuing our monthly series on Tarrant County Real Estate Market Trends, this week we are looking at Keller, (TX) Texas 76244. Please come back often to stay abreast of the current market conditions in your neighborhood. Each week, we feature a different zip code.
Price Trends - Sold vs. Listed
- Understand the difference between "listing prices" (what sellers are asking for) and "sold prices" (what buyers are willing to pay).
- By comparing these price trends, you'll have a good idea of where the market is heading. The median listing and sold property prices are calculated based on the market activity each month.
- You should notice the drop off in the sold price in green compared to the list price in blue, this really emphasizes the importance of pricing your home correctly when putting it on the market.
(Some sales are not immediately available from public records. As they become available, the data are updated.)
(Figures compared to Last months stats show there was a slight increase in the median Sold vs Listed price from around $141k to about $153k, which is good news for the area. All other charts remain almost exactly the same. As figures come in we will have a much better picture around the end of the year.)
Market Inventory Trends
- Review the inventory and health of the market by looking at the number of sold and listed properties.
- To understand if the market inventory is growing or shrinking, compare the number of sold properties to new listings. If inventory is growing, the market could be trending toward a buyer's market. If inventory is shrinking, then it could be a seller's market.
- Gauge the health of the market by comparing the number of standard to distressed listings. If the number of distressed listings is greater, the market could be unhealthy and more likely a buyer's market.
Sold: Properties sold that month
New: Listings that are new on the market
Distressed: Listings that are short sales, bank owned, or up for auction.
Standard: Non-distressed listings
We are still waiting on data from the last few months on the sold properties in the area and will update this as soon as it is available.
- This chart shows home occupancy within an area.
- A high percentage of ownership can indicate an area where people like to live and stable property prices. While a high percentage of rentals could indicate an area with shifting demographics, a younger community, or possibly a downtown area.
- High vacancy rates can indicate that the market is unhealthy and that it could be tough to sell a home in this area.
Even though the lease market is pretty popular right now, the overwhelming majority is home ownership, and with the interest rates at their lowest point in the last 50 years, there has never been a better time to buy a home than right now. These interest rates will not stay down forever.
If you would like to search for properties in the Fort Worth/Keller Texas area, visit our site at: NortheastTarrantRealEstate.com
John Hrisco & Associates: When experience counts, the sign you want, the agent you need. Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker #0480703, with over 13+ years experience buying & selling real estate in the D/FW Metroplex. Integrity, Professionalism, Results & Charity is our Mantra. It is how we go about our lives and our business. We undertake a specialized set of tasks and orchestrate them with uncommon skills. Whether you are buying, selling, or investing in real estate, if you are not doing business with John Hrisco & Associates, you are losing money.
servicing the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex: including Northeast Tarrant County, Ft. Worth, Keller, Southlake, Colleyville, Grapevine, Haslet, Trophy Club, Roanoke, Westlake, NRH & Surrounding areas
John Hrisco & Associates
4200 Heritage Trace Pkwy., Ste. 100
Ft. Worth/Keller, TX 76248