Welcome to July’s Issue of This Month in Real Estate – with Jay Papasan & Bryon Ellington
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) shows home sales activity at a pace of 4.8 million annually, NAR also shows a Median Home Price of $167,000, And according to Freddie Mac the Average 30-Yr Fixed Mortgage Avg Rate: 4.5%
According to one research poll the top 3 technology tools an agent uses to market a house. In my opinion, this particular order and forms of marketing may not always be the best methods, especially in regards to email marketing.
- About 2/3 of all agents surveyed in a recent kw research use emails to get properties in front of perspective buyers.
- Personal Websites was next
- and National websites came in third.
Research suggest that Real Estate remains a Local Business driven by Local Factors, Even as the number of internet savvy consumers continues to grow.
There will always be new ways for a seller to Market a house to buyers, but there are also time tested ways (proven selling tips) that insures your house has the best chance of being sold.
- One of, if not the most important things you can do is to Price Your Home Right! This is a crucial component when determining what price to set when entering the market.
- Perhaps even more important is Knowing what the trend is, you always want to stay ahead of the curve, perhaps even pricing more aggressively than what the current comps tell you.
- Consider a Presale Inspection – A Presale inspection will let you know what items you need to fix before you put the house on the market. And It’s better than making concessions during the contract negotiation phase because concessions based on needed repairs or upgrades often cost much more than completing the fixes before putting the house on the market. It also makes potential buyers more secure in submitting an offer.
- Don’t just consider the highest offer; at times the highest offer may not always be the best. A higher offer is great if they have the funds to back it up, but consider possibly a lower offer with a higher down payment. Make sure to take the entire offer into consideration when determining what’s best for you.
You can watch the full episode here: This Month In Real Estate – July 2011
John Hrisco & Associates: When experience counts, the sign you want, the agent you need. Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker #0480703, with over 13+ years experience buying & selling real estate in the D/FW Metroplex. Integrity, Professionalism, Results & Charity is our Mantra. It is how we go about our lives and our business. We undertake a specialized set of tasks and orchestrate them with uncommon skills. Whether you are buying, selling, or investing in real estate, if you are not doing business with John Hrisco & Associates, you are losing money.
servicing the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex: including Northeast Tarrant County, Ft. Worth, Keller, Southlake, Colleyville, Grapevine, Haslet, Trophy Club, Roanoke, Westlake, NRH & Surrounding areas
John Hrisco & Associates
4200 Heritage Trace Pkwy., Ste. 100
Ft. Worth/Keller, TX 76248